Click here for the January Edition
Landowners are encouraged to complete and submit NASS survey titled Tenure, Ownership and Transition of Agricultural Land (TOTAL). Click here for News Release
January 30th Deadline to Request Livestock Disaster Assistance – News Release
What’s in the 2014 Farm Bill for FSA Customers? – Click here
for more information
for all Nebraska News Release
- January 14, 2015 - Deadline to Purchase Extended NAP Coverage for Greater Protection for Fruit, Vegetable and Specialty Crop Growers - News Release
- Margin Protection Program for Dairy Sign up Extended to December 19, 2014
- Conservation Compliance – Highly Erodible Land Conservation and Wetland Conservation – Fact Sheet
New Programs, Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC) offer producers protection from substantial drops in crop prices and/or revenues. Producers will have through early spring of 2015 to select which program works best for them.
A series of informational meetings will be presented statewide by Nebraska FSA staff and UNL-Extension. These meetings will primarily focus on the Base Reallocation and Yield Update decision, as well as the ARC and PLC programs. Click here
for a listing of scheduled meeting dates, times and locations.
CRP Signup and TIP Information – News Release
Enrollment for the New Dairy Farm Risk management Program begins September 2, 2014 – News Release
Extension of the Milk Income Loss Contract (MILC) Program for 2014 – News Release
RMA Crop Insurance Provisions and Information – RMA Website
Deadline to apply for ELAP has been extended to August 15, 2014 – News Release
Implementation of the disaster programs, authorized in the 2014 Farm Bill, is the top priority for USDA.
Signup for 2012 and 2013 livestock disaster programs started April 15, 2014. Please contact your local office for additional information.
Farmers and ranchers are encouraged to report farm records and business structure changes to FSA to prepare for disaster and future FSA Farm Bill Programs. Click here for more information.
for more information on USDA’s Disaster Assistance.
Producers that incurred livestock losses due to the blizzard conditions occurring in October 2013 are encouraged to document the losses for future disaster relief programs. News Release
- January 30, 2015 – 2012, 2013, and 2015 LFP and LIP Application Deadline
- January 31, 2015 – 2012, 2013, 2014 TAP Application Deadline
- February 2, 2015 – 2014 LDP Deadline for Unshorn Lamb Pelts
- February 27, 2015 – Base Reallocation and Yield History Update Deadline
- March 16, 2015 – NAP Sales Closing Date for Alfalfa, Mixed Forage, Barely, Oats, Grass, Spring Seeded Annual Crops, Sorghum Forage
- March 31, 2015 – ARC or PLC Program Election Deadline
- May 31, 2015 – Deadline for MAL’s and LDP’s for Corn, Dry Peas, Grain Sorghum, Lentils, Mustard Seed, Safflower Seed, Chickpeas, Soybeans, and Sunflower Seed
- July 15, 2015 – Final acreage reporting deadline
GovDelivery, FSA’s online news service, will be used to distribute timely information on new Farm Bill programs.
for more information.
Farm Service Agency offers Microloans of up to $50,000
100 Beef Cow/100 Acre Ownership Advantage Program – Brochure
For more information visit www.cfra.org/veteran_farmers_project
or call 402-617-7946.
The Land Contract (LC) Guarantee Program is a new FSA loan program that will provide a government backed guarantee to landowners who sell their farm real estate to a beginning or socially disadvantaged farmer/rancher through a private land contract. Under this program there are two options, one that guarantees up to three annual installment payments on the contract and another that guarantees 90% of the unpaid principal balance of the contract. Only new land contracts are eligible for this program and the purchase price must not exceed $500,000. Contracts must be amortized over a minimum of 20 years and the buyer must provide a down payment of 5% of the purchase price. The guarantee period is for 10 years.
Our primary mission is to help Nebraska farmers and ranchers secure the highest possible financial assistance from USDA programs through accurate, timely and efficient program delivery.
Nebraska FSA is proud to continue its strong tradition of providing customer-based service to Nebraska producers. The hard working men and women of our FSA county offices are at the forefront of our efforts and remain the primary contact for program participation. We encourage you to speak with the staff at your local office on how we can be of service. Our web site can help you learn more about FSA programs and services and help you locate your local FSA Service Center.
State Executive Director
Nebraska State Farm Service Agency
7131 A Street
Lincoln, NE 68510